Subsidies for
child care services

The Ministry of Human Services provides financial assistance to eligible lower-income families using:

  • Licensed day care centres
  • Licensed group family child care
  • Approved family day homes
  • Licensed out-of-school care centres
  • Licensed pre-schools
  • Approved early childhood development programs
  • Maximum subsidy rates vary by program type and the age of child attending child care.

Information & application form

You can apply for a subsidy if:

  • You or your spouse/partner, or the child receiving care are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and live in Alberta.
  • You or your spouse/partner are an Alberta resident.
  • Your children are 12 years of age or younger and are not yet attending Grade 7.
  • You and your spouse/partner are currently working, attending school, looking for work or have special needs
    You or your spouse/partner stay-at-home and have your child(ren) enrolled in a licensed pre-school or approved early childhood development program.

For more information visit the Government of Alberta Website here.

*Source – Government of Alberta Human Services; Modified: 2015-03-26